Core to our DNA is to perpetually seek ways to continuously improve everything we do.
We see innovation, research and creativity as key to our ongoing goal of continuous improvement.
Our pathologists and scientists make countless scientific contributions to improve the application of laboratory diagnostics. As experts in their respective disciplines, they are actively engaged in:
- Developing new laboratory diagnostics
- Evaluating existing diagnostic tests
- Defining indications for laboratory diagnostics
- Enhancing interpretation of laboratory test results
- Setting standards for the performance of laboratory diagnostics
We seek to innovate in ways to enhance our services, tools, and products so as to aid treating doctors in gaining diagnostic insights into the care of patients.
A few notable Australian innovations pioneered by Laverty Pathology:
- First private Australian pathology practice to utilise blood group analysis for paternity testing.
- First Australian pathology practice to introduce community-based patient pathology collection centres.
- First Australian private pathology practice to utilise PCR molecular testing for common diseases (now considered industry standard).
- First Australian pathology practice to utilise ThinPrep liquid based cytology processing (thin layer pap smear screening).
- First Australian pathology practice to utilise computer assisted LBC screening (SurePath LBC and ThinPrep LBC) to improve accuracy of pap smear results.
- First Australian pathology practice to introduce automated chemistry analysis (SMAC20) into the core laboratory to improve turnaround and reliability of results.
- First Australian pathology practice to utilise laboratory-based mobile robots “Herbie” to eliminate errors in patient specimen handling.